Why You NEED to Make the Switch to Solid Shampoo and Conditioner
When you start looking for ways to reduce waste, you start to notice that waste and plastic is all around us. You also start to notice there are a lot of unnecessary or confusing ingredients in other products.It can be overwhelming.
Fear not, solid shampoo and conditioner bars exist for these very reasons. If you’re still on the fence about making the switch (how the heck do you use solid shampoo and conditioner?), read on below to learn why you should make the switch (we did and we’ll never go back) and how our solid no-waste, natural Shampoo and Conditioner bars work.
Like honestly, after typing out this article I wish I had made the switch sooner because now I realize everyone is right and I am just too stubborn.
17 Facts About Shampoo + Conditioner Bars:
1. Easy and convenient for traveling! Whether you’re tossing in your backpack from a summer trek, or easy TSA check-in at the airport. Bonus: Save yourself a ton of time, especially helpful if you didn’t spring for TSA pre-check!
2. Shampoo and conditioner bars are eco-friendly, natural, gentle, and cost effective.
3. They are completely safe for color-treated hair. They do not contain detergents that are commonly found in commercial shampoo brands. Thus preventing color being stripped from your hair.
4. Using a shampoo bar means less waste! Each shampoo and conditioner bar lasts 75-90 washes, which can do the job of 2-3 plastic bottles of liquid shampoo! That’s a long time especially if you don’t wash daily and frequently rock the messy bun look.
5. Unlike many big brand shampoo companies, our bars do not contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates, sodium laurel or laureth sulfate, synthetic fragrance, preservatives, artificial color, detergents, alcohol, urea, formaldehyde, DEA, propylene glycol, silicones, or any other synthetic junk.We googled this stuff and we were super grossed out.
Note: Even though many companies market their products as “all-natural” and “eco-friendly”, some still contain these ingredients. This is to give products a longer shelf life. They can cause irritation, lead to more build-up, and even disrupt hormone and endocrine function.
6. Our bars enrich your hair with essential vitamins and oils and promote hair growth, leaving your hair soft and full of shine.
7. All of our shampoo/conditioner bars are gender neutral, No more gender segregated wasteful double purchasing.Sharing is caring!
8. Our bars are graywater safe. Once the product washes down the drain, there is no harm or disruption to marine eco systems.
9. Our shampoo contains SCS which is derived from the fatty acids of coconuts, rather than petroleum like SLS (sodium laurel or laureth sulfate).
10. They lather extremely well. EXTREMELY WELL. They remove build up, promote full, thick strands, help with a dry or flaky scalp, can prevent hair loss, fight sun damage, and make hair strong. They provide a natural shine, draw out toxins, and leave your hair feeling healthy and silky soft.
11. The color of our bars are straight from Mother Nature – natural clays, botanicals, roots, shrubs, seeds, and herbs.
12. With the combination of natural oils, minerals, and butters, our bars have the potential to help prolong the color, allowing you to color hair less often or use less when you do.
13. You can make a DIY leave-in conditioner with the conditioner bar scraps. Put the leftover pieces into a spray bottle, fill with warm water, shake, and spray on your damp hair to help tame frizzy hair and flyaways.Perfect when you roll out of bed and have 5 minutes to get to work.
14. Our shampoo and conditioner bars work for all hair types – thin hair or thick hair, straight or curly, dry or oily, color-treated or grey, flat or frizzy,
15. They do not leave residue. They lather well, rinse clean, and will not make your hair feel greasy or weigh it down.
16. You cannot over-condition with our bars. Rub your conditioner bar directly into your hair, as you would use a bar of soap, concentrating on your ends. Leave the product in for 1-2 minutes and/or scrub bar into your hair until you can easily run your fingers through while still in the shower.
17. To ensure a long lasting shampoo/conditioner bar, let dry between uses and do not let sit in water. If your bars become soft and stuck to your shower shelf, take them out of the shower and allow them to completely dry before using again.
Well, there you have it! Have you tried solid shampoo and conditioner? What did you think? Do you have any tips? Share your comments with us.
In the meantime, happy cleansing friends!